Diploma of Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy
One year study
10 hours course time per week (suggested).
$2,300 (incl. GST)
$250 Course related costs (approximate).
FIELDS OF EMPLOYMENT
Life Skills Coaching
Note: Minimal deposit of $250 to hold you space for the next available course
Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy (HICAT) helps people rediscover their innate creativity and playfulness, while developing skills to overcome physical, mental and emotional hurdles and live happier healthier lives. It connects clinical research with ancient traditional wisdom; developing the mind, expanding creativity, building confidence and self-awareness, realigning the body’s cells, reconnecting with the essence of joy and awakening the spirit.
Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapies can be used in a wide variety of settings and with an assortment of different clients. If you want to work with children, or already do, HICAT will provide you with highly effective skills which are valued by parents and teachers. It helps children express and process emotions, manage stress, self-regulate, develop confidence and the ability to focus and concentrate. HICAT is also extremely beneficial to children on the autism spectrum and their families.
Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapists are in high demand in the corporate arena where they can contribute to positive work environments, less workplace stress and reduced workplace bullying. HICAT also helps to stimulate creativity and awaken leadership skills. This improves productivity and profitability making it a popular team building program for smart corporate managers.
Energy Medicine 8 Graduates receive the MBEd Diploma in Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy, and are invited to join the International Institute of Complementary Therapists, the Holistic Healers Association International, the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine.
They will also be provided with a full year of free membership to the Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapists Association and the International Meditation Teachers and Therapists Association.
(MBEd) Diploma of Holistic Integrated Creative Art Therapy is the use of art, music, drama, dance/movement, poetry/creative writing, play, storytelling and sand play within the context of therapy, counselling, rehabilitation, and holistic healing.
All information is evidence-based and will prepare you for a professional career. This course is also suitable for personal development.
Our successful students graduate with the skills, knowledge and confidence required to begin their own Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy Practice; run workshops, work with groups and as well as individual clients.
This is a professional, practical training course where you will explore a wide range of creative arts while learning the essentials of working as a Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapist, in a safe, extremely supportive and fun-filled environment, with a highly experienced holistic therapist trainer.
- Suitable for all ages over 18 years, including mature age students.
- No previous experience or qualifications required. No artistic ability is necessary.
- As an online course, a moderate level of computer literacy (support is offered to students where required).
- Internationally industry accredited training.
- Study online with high support.
- Requires a minimum of 10 hours home study per week
- Students will complete 20 course modules – One module per fortnight over one year
Our students and teachers are physically located in different places all over the world, but we are still able to enjoy a strong sense of community. There is a virtual classroom located on Facebook which is only for students enrolled in this course, where you will receive contact and connection with your classmates and information and guidance from your teachers.
There is a live stream workshop with a teacher for each module (once per fortnight) where you can ask questions and get support in real time.
You do not have to participate in the real time workshops if you can’t or do not want to and you can watch them later at any time. You can also get support from your teacher and ask questions via email or telephone whenever you need to.
You do not need any previous experience or artistic talent to complete this course.
The course will include a mix theory and practice sessions.
Time will be spent exploring and participating in the creative arts and a wide variety of meditation styles, including movement meditation, mantra meditation, chakra meditation, guided creative visualization, mindfulness and Zen meditation.
The course will involve a varied range of learning approaches and will include (but not limited to) course texts, film, completion of art projects, essays and course related tests.
There will be also be some fieldwork components where you will need to involve a friend or family member or visit a professional practice, business or centre (information and strategies on how to complete this will be provided).
Students will need to submit photos and videos as part of your course work submission forms. (information and strategies on how to complete this will be provided).
Practical topics covered in this course include:
- Art Therapy (paint, watercolor pencils, charcoal & oil pastels)
- Tactile Therapy (sculpture, clay, construction, Sand play & environmental art making)
- Music, Tribal Rhythms, Medicine Drums & Sound Therapy
- Dance & Movement Therapy
- Role Play, Storytelling, creative writing & Drama Therapy
Theory topics covered in this course include:
- The cause & effects of stress
- The mind/body connection
- Physiology of the brain
- Left brain/right brain
- Unconscious beliefs and mental patterns
- Exploring emotions
- History of art therapy
- Creative therapies & health
- Why creative art therapies are effective
- Creative art therapies as emotional healing
- Creative art therapies for recovery & rehabilitation
- Art & developing intuition
- Drawing from within
- Colour & emotions
- Sound, vibration & the bodies cells
- The creative process
- Art appreciation
- Interpretation & diagnosis
- Compassion & non-judgment
- Learning Styles
- Personality types
- Managing groups
- Supporting clients
- Working with PTSD
- Working with anxiety disorders
- Working with grief & loss
- Working with children
- Working with depression
- Working in medical settings
- Developing community arts projects
- Meditation for every day
- Meditation in action through art
- Meditation with music and movement
- Gratitude & art journaling
- Holistic counselling skills for creative arts therapists
- Networking & referring
- Ethics, safety & professionalism
- Setting up your own practice
- Creating a specialised practice
- Resources, materials & equipment
- Marketing for creative arts therapists
- Legalities, insurance and joining associations
Our courses are recognized with the International Institute of Complementary Therapists, the Holistic Healers Association International , the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine and the Complementary Medical Association. All have excellent global reputations and rigorous screening processes. We are very proud to have their stamps of approval.
Our graduates can join the IICT, HHAI and the CMA, and get professional practitioner insurance, in 26 countries around the world.
Energy Medicine 8 Education. We provide high support, super interactive, hands-on, online training for students from New Zealand, Australia and all over the world. If you are looking for a user friendly, industry accredited course you can study at times that work for you, completely online, you are in the right place!